These are the most delicious chocolate brownies that I have ever made myself. At this time of year, I try to do some baking and deliver it to the neighbours with our Christmas cards… this is the sort of batch bake that would be ideal to then cut into little squares and parcel up in some greaseproof paper with some festive wash tape.
- 200 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 200 g butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 250 g soft brown sugar
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 level tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 160C / 140C fan / Gas 3.
- Line a 22 cm square tin with baking paper.
- Put chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl, set over a pan of simmering water and leave until melted. Once melted, remove from heat.
- In another bowl, beat eggs and sugar until foamy.
- Stir the chocolate mixture into the eggs and sugar.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the mixture and stir.
- Finally, mix in the mint leaves.
- Pour into baking tin and cook for 50-60 minutes before cooling on a wire rack.